Boxing is all about quality, not quantity
How to Stay Excited About Boxing
Back to school? Try boxing in Vaughan this fall!
Why you should workout this Summer?
Boxing for beginners guide

Top 5 health and fitness tips for women on the go

Today’s multitasking women power pack their day marking off every point on their to-do list often neglecting their own health. Physical inactivity leads to noncommunicable diseases like stroke, diabetes, cancer, hypertension, overweight, obesity, and mental health. Here are top 5 health and fitness tips for women on the go to follow:


For a healthy and fit lifestyle, you must maintain a balanced diet. It is true that 80% of your fitness levels are created in the kitchen and the rest 20% in the gym. Out of all the three-time meals, breakfast is the most important one which should be healthy and nutritious. Make breakfast a fulfilling meal with foods rich in fibre, protein, calcium, vitamins, and glucose as it provides energy for the entire day. Women should completely avoid refined carbohydrates like chocolates, cookies, white bread, and rice as they have a high Glycemic Index which spikes your blood sugar level, produce more insulin and increase the amount of fat in your body. Thus, the daily diet should be rich in protein, calcium, and vitamins. Are you too busy to prepare your tedious recipes? Here is an alternative to help you replace junk and fast foods with healthy snacking.

Hydrate yourself

Working out makes you lose a lot of water through sweat and with the summer around the corner, it further increases the chances of dehydration. Hence you have to consumer water to revive the body with immense energy for the day. Avoid beverages high in caffeine like coffee, alcohol as they tend to drain you off 8 glasses of water. Body cramps and sugar cravings are signs for lack of water content in your body. Always keep yourself hydrated and ensure your water intake is a minimum of 4 litres per day. women,fitness,health,vaughan,boxing,running,crossfit,gym,weight,loss


However busy your life may be, you must make it a habit to include at least 30-45mins of workout in your schedule. Now that the weather is getting warmer, wake up early and go for a run or a brisk walk. Not self-motivated enough? Try Boxing with Head Coach, Alex at the Golden Gloves Fitness in Vaughan. He challenges his students by building their fitness levels with consistent training and progressive techniques.

Stretches for office workers

Sitting in front of your computer from 9am – 5pm weakens gluteal muscles, damages your posture and adds excess body fat around the waist. When at work try and take a few minutes off and try quick and simple stretches. Chest stretch, Shoulder Shrugs, Upper back stretch, Spinal twist, Torso stretch, forearm, neck and hip stretches are some of the forms you can do at your workstation itself. You can also try and take the flight of stairs instead of the elevator.


Disconnect from social media and your phone, don’t let it eat into your sleep time! For optimum health and function, the average adult should get 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night. But as per Harvard Medical School, more than 60% of women fall short of that goal.

Contact Us

When life gets busy, the busy gets going! Don’t let your responsibilities work as an excuse to neglect your health. There is nothing more precious in this world than your fitness. Get up and make that change for yourself, contact us for a personalized fitness regime best suited for your schedule in Vaughan.